Friday, August 20, 2010

Stop Griping

Stop Griping (from Psalm 105-106, 2 Corinthians 3)

Psalm 106:7-8 (NIV) "When our fathers were in Egypt, they gave no thought to your miracles; they did not remember your many kindnesses, and they rebelled by the sea, the Red Sea. Yet he saved them for his name's sake, to make his mighty power known."
People are complainers. Christians are the worst. This should not be, but it always is. David recounts in these Psalms the goodness of the Lord from Abraham to Moses. How God saved, and provided, and loved, and had mercy time and time again. In our rebellion, he saves us. Why? Because he promised he would. And when he saves us, even when we complain and are ungrateful, it makes his mighty power known. I so often gripe about my situations, lot in life, or bills I can’t pay. And when I do, I forget the God who has given me blessing after blessing. I daily need to be saved from myself, so that I can “Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.” (Psalm 105:1) In 1 Corinthians 3, Paul addresses the Christians as mere infants, who argued and complained, and wanted their own way. Dear Lord, help me to focus on Jesus, to remember your blessings, to grow up and stop being a baby. Help me to remember that you came to save. Help me to make that message known to the nations. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment